Oases points include medical and refreshment stalls, located in:
- Sala Ramon Font – start and finish line (42.195km / 21.097km / 10km).
- Ave Independencia y Carlos III (42.195km) – shower.
- Dragones e/Industria y Paseo del Prado (10km / 21km / 42km).
- Reina y Lealtad (return 10km).
- Malecón y Genios (21km / 42km).
- Malecón y Genios (return 10km).
- Malecón y L (21km / 42km).
- Restaurante 1830 (21km / 42km) – shower.
- 12 y 19 (21km / 42km).
- 26 y 29 (21km / 42km).
- 26 y recurso (21km / 42km).
- Primelle e/Formento y Vía Blanca (21km / 42km).
- Boyeros y Santa Ana (in front to the ministerio de la Agricultura (21km / 42km).
For more information about OASIS spots, see the ciruit HERE
Medical Management Marabana Cuba taking into account the experience of 25 years of work and having premised on protecting the health of brokers based on the nature of our tropical climate where temperature and high humidity prevail, suggests a set of tips which they are intended to prevent you sustain a state of severe dehydration, which is always a medical emergency, and other issues of lesser magnitude but that can affect your happy experience of running our Marabana Cuba.
- If you have a medical condition, please request approval from your doctor, just as we ask our doctors and specialists on documents issued by your doctor about this report, that will allow us to ensure efficient and effective assistance in case if necessary.
- Participate in the distance for which it is well trained for this exercise is so strong that may be excessive for your body and endanger their health and even their lives, regardless of age and disposition.
- The day before the race and drink as much energy foods rich in carbohydrates such as pasta. On this day I eat very little meat, fish and the like, as well as foods that produce waste in the intestines such as salads.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages in the days before the race as these dehydrate and adversely alter the energy metabolism.
- During the race drink as much, drink water at every refreshment point even without thirst. Thirst is usually below the real water needs of the body.
- Use cap during the race for thereby significantly reduce the effects of sunlight on your body.
- Use fresh, preferably cotton clothing or high in this, that allows transpire without difficulty and also he does not produce friction points in the armpits and thighs.
- We recommend using a lubricant if his physique chafing thighs and armpits occurs.
- Do not wear new shoes on race day how good this is, as this may cause you blisters and lesions. Use your feet have already changed with use.
- Use appropriate socks for running.
- Do not run over the edge of the asphalt because its inclination can injure you by overloading will suffer one of his lower limbs.
- Try to feed on citrus during the race if tolerated.
- Do not do things you have not done before, the day of the race is to implement what you have practiced in your workouts, the race is not one more day of training.
- Relax, keep in mind that the day you must rest and sleep.
- Foreigners by signing their registration, brokers assume responsibility for a medical checkup that guarantees you can run the selected distance and travel agencies shall ensure that possess the appropriate medical insurance has been made.
Havana in November, is characterized by the predominance of warm days with little temperature variation.
This is the answer to the particularities of the regime of radiation and atmospheric circulation, which are inherent to the western part of the territory during this month, and also involved geographical physical characteristics of the locality.
The months of November, December and January are characterized by little sunshine, reporting in the hours before the meridian, the more light hours in after-noon. In research it was found that in this month has 22% chance of minor and equal values are reached 3.0 hours light, 42% to lower values and equal to 6.0 hours light and 80% for lower magnitudes or equal to 9.0 hours light.
In November low sun height values are reported, which correspond to low magnitudes of solar radiation, reaching its peak at 12:00 hours.
In that month it is often the influx of migratory anticyclones (high pressure centers in the North American continent), which tend to move towards the southeast and then east. The masses of cold air companions reach Cuba after the cold fronts with winds north and tidal waves that occasionally cause storm surges on the coast.
After passage of the front, down the temperature and air moisture content, although this month the thermal contrast in Casablanca, where the meteorological institute is set, is not so large. The average for the capital is 2 to 3 cold fronts in the month.
Associated with migratory anticyclones on their way to the Atlantic, it is also produced a phenomenon known as “Brisote dirty”, typical of the northern coast and showers are generally short conclude before noon.
In addition, if one takes into account the extra effort to the heart is subjected, by increasing the volume of the circulatory system, going from colder other warmer climates, and the extraordinary overhead of the run a half marathon or a marathon, then comprises the existing dangerous unless it has proper acclimatization period to the characteristics of the tropics.
In order to minimize this potential problem and promote physiological adaptation to the new situation, the arrival of participants colder than ours, some time before the date of racing geographical areas is recommended.
Finally, it warns about the high values that get to take the temperature of the asphalt on the streets and avenues where the event will take place, especially in clear sky conditions, suggesting taking steps for each corridor, aimed at prevent this heat gain by the athlete during the race.